I am honoured to be nominated by the distinguished Nancy Jardine for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’.
The award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a “lovely” manner, giving them recognition and helping them reach more viewers.
So, first, thank you Nancy Jardine for this lovely compliment and opportunity, which I am delighted to accept. Here’s her lovely BLOG which I’m sure you’ll enjoy.
In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME
1. First and foremost, I am a mother, a grandmother – and oh when am I going to become a great-grandmother? My six children are scattered around Australia, Africa and the UK. Now that the seven grandkids are growing up and beginning to travel, I see more of them, and look forward to family reunions – which are never 100% complete. But then ecstasy when twinged with sadness is part of living, I suppose.
2. Travelling is my second love. Financial constraints caused a long delay before I discovered the delights of visiting new places. But I completed a 10 month Round-The-World walkabout when I was over 60. Come with me on my adventures by following the action! https://jbwye.com/category/travels/
3. More things about me? I am a loner – I love wandering in wide open spaces all by myself, savouring the freedom of the wind and drinking in the beauty of nature. I come from Africa, after all! (And click on my book this week to get it at a throwaway price)
4. Reading is my favourite pastime. During the long months of my several pregnancies, I discovered I could knit baby woollies AND read at the same time. No matter that sometimes sleeves would end up of different lengths, because I’ve been too absorbed in a book to pay attention to my knitting. I had at last found a way NOT to feel guilty about indulging my passion for other people’s stories; and my children were never short of sweaters.
5. But I am also an industrious person, I suppose. I always want to be doing something – even if it’s only dreaming, if that makes sense. I live life to the full. I limit myself to serving on two Committees at a time. I still play tennis, twice a week and avidly follow Andy Murray and Roger Federer – I’ve seen them in the flesh, too.
6. The arts have always interested me; I wanted to be a ballet dancer before my thighs grew too big. Since coming to live in the UK I have gone to countless concerts, operas and plays. I sing in a choir (earlier, I belonged to three different choirs, but I’ve become more sensible now). I don’t know where this fits in, but I also play duplicate bridge: it keeps my brain working, and the people I play with are delightful.
7. But over and beyond and through all this, I am blessed and blessed again. My God is my supporter and my friend; my rock and my guide. I live at the foot of the South Downs, and every day, I Lift Up My Eyes!!
This little novella also has much of me in it … it will only take you a couple of hours to read, and there’s a special offer on it : you can buy it HERE:
And now, in no particular order, I NOMINATE two people for THE LOVELY BLOG AWARD!
AJ Vosse (I call him AJ) is a good virtual friend of mine from Authonomy days, who has reached an extraordinary milestone in his blogging career. As “Ouchmybackhurts” he has blogged every single day for over three years, and I’ve followed him most of the way. His style is so natural and his photographs are amazing. Take a look for yourselves: HERE.
Ailsa Abraham. Magical Ailsa, has been my guest here many times, and her blog never fails to delight me, whichever personality she cares to express. Meet her HERE at “The Bingergread Cottage” and join in the fun: you never know what’s coming next, and she can say the most outrageous things in the most amusing ways.
The Rules for accepting the Award(s):
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.